Haugsholmen lighthouse

Haugsholmen lighthouse


Photo: Frode Pilskog
Haugsholmen lighthouse, established in 1876, is situated on vestre Frekøy. The light major light is placed on the corner of the lighthouse building. In addition an outhouse and an oil storage shed were built. In 1911 foreman Anders Folkestadås and his men erected a new major light and manufactured a flashing sector. In 1939 a small house was built for the reserve officer. The major light was damaged during an allied air-raid in 1945, but back in working order in November the same year. It was electrified in 1952. As a stand-by, the outhouse was extended to house a diesel engine with a generator. The reserve officer’s house was sold for demolition. In 1980 the lighthouse was de-manned. The lamp character is Oc(2) WRG 10s. In 2007 Haugsholmen lighthouse was the last lighthouse to be sold in Norway. Sande municipality own the lighthouse, but The Frekøy Lighthouse Association is responsible for the maintenance of the station and surrounding landscape. The birdlife on Vestre Frekøy is protected, but it is possible to visit the lighthouse. The major light is placed on the corner of the lighthouse building. A new major light with a flashing sector was commissioned in 1911. Haugsholmen lighthouse was a family station. The first keeper was Bertram Gaustad 1876-87, then came Christian Malme 1887-1907, Anton Jacobsen 1908-15, Ole Formo 1915-18, Jonas Teige 1918-45, Sigurd Pedersen 1945-63 and Trygve Werkland 1963-1979. When Werkland retired, the lighthouse was de-manned and a local inspector was appointed. From 2007 Frekøy Lighthouse Association has been responsible for the maintenance of the station and surrounding landscape. Former dwelling for the keeper and outhouse. The keeper’s house was built in 1939. After the electrification of the lighthouse in 1952 there was no further need for a reserve officer. His dwelling was sold for demolition.



Haugsholmen lighthouse


Photo: Frode Pilskog

Haugsholmen lighthouse


Photo: Frode Pilskog

Haugsholmen lighthouse


Photo: Frode Pilskog

~no:Vestre Frekøy er fuglefreda, men det er mogleg å vitje fyrstasjonen.~en:The birdlife on Vestre Frekøy is protected, but it is possible to visit the lighthouse

Haugsholmen lighthouse


Photo: Frode Pilskog

Haugsholmen lighthouse


Photo: Frode Pilskog
The major light is placed on the corner of the lighthouse building. A new major light with a flashing sector was commissioned in 1911.

Haugsholmen lighthouse


Photo: Frode Pilskog

Fyrlykta er plassert på hjørnet av fyrbygninga. Ei ny fyrlykt med klippsektor vart sett opp i 1911.

Haugsholmen lighthouse


Photo: Frode Pilskog

~no:Trapp mellom fyret og fyrbetjentboligen. Ruin etter tidlegare bolig for fyrbetjenten og uthuset~en:Former dwelling for the keeper and outhouse. The keeper’s house was built in 1939. After the electrification of the lighthouse in 1952 there was no further need for a reserve officer. His dwelling was sold for demolition.

Haugsholmen lighthouse


Photo: Frode Pilskog
Former dwelling for the keeper and outhouse. The keeper’s house was built in 1939. After the electrification of the lighthouse in 1952 there was no further need for a reserve officer. His dwelling was sold for demolition.

Haugsholmen lighthouse


Photo: Frode Pilskog
Former dwelling for the keeper and outhouse. The keeper’s house was built in 1939. After the electrification of the lighthouse in 1952 there was no further need for a reserve officer. His dwelling was sold for demolition.

Haugsholmen lighthouse


Photo: Frode Pilskog

Ruin etter uthus med vedbod, hushaldningsrom og gang

Haugsholmen lighthouse


Photo: Frode Pilskog
The boathouse