Anda lighthouse is located on an island in Vesterålen. The lighthouse was established in 1932 as the last one with lighthousekeepers in Norway. The lighthouse was the only one equipped with electric power from the outset. Anda was automated and abandoned in 1987. The lighthouse is owned by the Norwegian Coastal Administration and is a protected cultural monument. The island Anda is an important nesting area for puffins, and the buildings are used as a research station.
Foto: Kristine Moltu
Publisert av: Museum NordSist endret: 2018-11-19