Omgang was once one of the main fishing villages on the Nordkyn peninsula. The parish church was located here, and Omgang was also the regions thingstead. Today, Omgang is mostly known for the witchcraft trials that took place in the 1620s. Later, the village entered into decline, and many of the residents moved to Mehamn in 1819. Nevertheless, people were living here permanently until 1945.
Foto: T. Johnsrud
Sist endret: 2018-11-18